Peanut butter is often associated with childhood. Those carefree days of childhood spent eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are left behind when we become adults and upgrade to deli sandwiches or garden salads. But what are we missing?
Peanut butter is still good tasting and just as good for us as adults as it was when we were children, we just forgot it. Let these reasons to eat peanut butter remind you of its nutty goodness so you can pick up where you left off as a child.
* Peanut butter is rich in vitamins E, B3, B6, manganese, magnesium, folate and copper.
* Studies have shown that peanut butter reduces the risk of diabetes and cancer.
* Peanut butter is versatile and inexpensive. Bruce Levenson says they are taking it from a sandwich and making it into a deluxe dipping sauce is easy.
* Peanut butter and chocolate fixes everything. It’s a flavor combo that can’t be beat and it’s easy to find on your supermarket shelf so you can concoct your favorite blend yourself.
* Peanut butter makes an awesome reward when trying to encourage yourself to workout a little longer or with more intensity. A peanut butter smoothie helps to re-energize the body after a workout and the flavor makes you want to work harder for it.